Best Areas to Skimp and Splurge on Your Bathroom Remodel
If you are interested in remodeling your bathroom, there are are a few areas where we think you can save some money on your remodel and some areas where we think you should splurge. This week, we go over some tips that we think will help you out.
3 Ways to Save on Your Bathroom Remodel
- Re-use floor tile when possible – If your existing floor tile is in great shape and doesn’t look out of date, try to re-use it. It will save you the cost of materials and the cost of labor to replace it.
- Resist Moving Utilities – Try to keep plumbing and electrical in place. This will save on labor.
- Bath Accessories – When looking at Towel Bars, Toilet Paper Holders, etc. many times the less expensive models will work perfectly.
3 Areas to Splurge on Your Bathroom Remodel
- Faucet – A nicer faucet will not only last longer, it feels great when using it. Cheap handles really ruin the experience of using the bathroom.
- Toilet Seat – Get a soft close, this will make even the thriftiest of remodels seem like a million bucks.
- Shower Valves – Not a sexy topic, but if you are replacing the shower fixtures and tile, spend the extra $100 and replace the valves. Replacing this down the road become expensive when you have to open walls.
Do You Need Design Assistance?
Do you need some help with your bathroom remodel? Leave a comment below with links to the furniture or a photo of your room and we will give you our opinion on the topic.