Junior Interior Designer – Chicago Suburbs
We are currently looking for a part-time Junior Interior Designer to join our team. If you think you have what it takes, submit your application below. You would be based out of our La Grange, IL office but have the option to work remotely most days once you fully trained.
Hours: Part-time, around 20 hours a week
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops design sketches based on client’s input and review of schematic drawings.
- Responsible for planning the use and layout of the space and decorating with color, furniture, fixtures, etc.
- Selection of furniture, fixtures, equipment, and accessories considering factors of budget, functionality, and aesthetics.
- Creates full working drawing set of design drawings for use in construction.
- Monitors job progress and replies to requests for additional information from the client.
- Initiates concept sketches and schematic design options for client review.
- Effectively communicates the design and selections to the client, other design professionals, and construction/trade personnel.
- Demonstrate foresight in the ability to indicate factors that may affect other elements of the design or the selection of a particular element to client, other design professionals and construction/trade personnel.
- Responsible to maintain, deliver and return sales samples.
- Finalizes design drawings and assemblies, makes adjustments and changes as necessary.
- Develops drawings, presentations and cost estimates and coordinates the work of contractors.
- During construction, advise whether the work conforms to the construction drawings and specifications.
- Assists in answering the phone and assisting prospective customers, existing customers, vendors and elegantly ditching spammers.
- Conducts initial meeting with the client to discuss design and design program.
- Responsible for managing your own day-to-day tasks and potentially customer-facing projects based on position.
- Must have a valid drivers license with a clean driving record and insurance. Having own car is strongly preferred.
Education/Experience:Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; and up to 3 years of related experience and/or training.