We were asked by the homeowner to help him design a living room space for his vintage condo in Lincoln Park.
How We Helped
For this interior decorating project, we developed a floor plan, selected the furniture pieces, and picked paint, furniture, artwork, and accessories.
- When looking at the shape of the living space, we broke it up into 3 distinct areas: foyer, reading nook, and main living room seating area.
- To break up the space visually, we used a combination of rugs and furniture that define the different zones.
- A comfortable grey sofa with chaise was selected for this space to offer seating for 3 without overwhelming the living room.
- Movable upholstered stools offer additional seating that is flexible without taking up a lot of floor space.
- A clean wooden coffee table was selected to provide a place to put down your drink and kick up your feet while watching TV.
- A bold green rug helps brighten this north-facing vintage condo.
- In the reading nook an Eames Lounge Chair with Ottoman was selected for its looks as well as comfort.
- No reading nook would be complete without a selection of warm blankets that help keep you warm during the cold Chicago winters.
- On the wall opposite the sofa was a large bank of vintage built in cabinet.
- To finish off the built in cabinets, new sconces in brushed gold with linen shades were selected. Framed photos of New York City and other accessories are scattered throughout the white book selves.
- Since the entryway was part of the space, we grounded it with a large entry table, mirror, and small plates for placing your keys when you arrive home after a long day at the office.