For this living room decorating project in Chicago we focused on creating a soft and relaxing space that wasn’t to “frilly”. The main interior designer started with a neutral color palate then added other pieces that that created contrast and texture. She also focused on creating a seating area in the living room that would offer enough room for a few guests but without overpowering the airy feeling of the space.
How We Helped
For this interior decorating project, we developed a floor plan, selected the furniture pieces, picked paint, the plantation shutters, ordered and orchestrated the delivery and installation of the pieces and selected artwork and accessories. In other words, a full interior design project.
- When looking at the vast space of this townhome, we visually broke it up into 3 unique areas; the living room, dinging room and foyer.
- To break up the space visually, we used a combination of rugs and furniture to crate the different zones.
- We selected a beautiful tufted sofa in a light beige fabric lightens up the space and acts as the main focal point of the living room.
- A selected a coordinating accent chair with bold brown piping adds additional seating.
- We absolutely love the oil rubbed bronze coffee table with glass surfaces. It provides a place to place your morning coffee or evening cocktail without visually weighing down the space.
- The rich purple wool rug with light brown accent patterns is elegantly grounds the space while being soft and comfortable under foot.
- Accent pillows on the sofa add color and texture to the to the neutral sofa.
- The clean lined dining table in a dark wood offers seating for 6 guests.
- Since the entryway was part of the space, we grounded it with a large entry table with storage baskets and drawers.
- On top of the table sits a sculptural lamp with a brushed gold finish and 3 white pots with grasses to add texture.
- Adding a mirror by the main entrance is critical. It not only gives you a pace to check out your hair before leaving for the day, but it helps reflect light into darker spots of your home.