We were hired by this customer to design him a master bedroom that was masculine, refined and clean.
The customer had many mid-century modern pieces in his condo already. We wanted to create a space that had the sophistication of a scene from Mad Men without using pieces that you see in just about every other mid-century modern space.
What We Did
We selected all of the furniture, window treatments, artwork and accessories in the space. The only thing that stayed from the original space was the HDTV and the hardwood floors.
- To set the tone of the bedroom, we painted the walls a dark muted grey.
- Roman shades were added over the smaller casement windows over the bed to add privacy and help control the light
- Large dark brown panels with crisp white shears were added to the main bedroom windows.
- A large king size bed with upholstered headboard was selected because of its masculine feel and because Bill was obsessed with this bed and was waiting for the perfect project for it.
- Coordinating nightstands offer plenty of storage and a place for a matching pair of table lamps.
- A large wool rug helps ground the space and offers a soft and warm landing spot for those cold Chicago mornings.
- We selected a funky leather reading chair with adjustable headrest and brass nail heads for both form and function. Not only is it a visually interesting piece to look at, it offers the homeowner a place to kick back and read.
- A large dresser offers additional storage outside of the large walk-in closet.
- As with every project, artwork and accessories are a critical piece to pulling a space together. In this room, we used a variety of vintage car prints and sculptural pieces to add interest to the space.