A hard-working bachelor wanted our help converting his bland home office into something that he would enjoy working and relaxing in. Check out how we created a beautiful home office in this Wrigleyville (Chicago) condo.
Our client already had a refined aesthetic for his living room which many mid-century modern pieces. We wanted to cary that feeling into his home office.
What We Did:
For this office and family room interior design project, we selected all of the furniture, lighting and selected the accessories.
- This space was originally 2 bedrooms that the previous owner combined into one large space. Due to the size of the room, we decided to visually split it into 2 spaces; a home office and family room.
- To ground the family room, we started with a large tweed rug that helped to define the space.
- A large leather sofa and two matching wing chairs create an intimate space for meeting with friends or for relaxing while reading.
- A large series of maps cover the wall behind the leather sofa. Each of the framed pieces make up a vintage map of Manhattan.
- Metal side tables and brass table lamps offer ample lighting for reading.
- A large floor mirro helps to visually divide the family room and the office while reflecting the sunlight from the southern facing windows.
- A refined rosewood desk and modern chair create an ideal space for working at home.
- The series of 3 rosewood filing cabinets offer plenty of storage for paperwork and files.