When we get the opportunity to design a space with sweeping city views it’s important not to clutter the room with unnecessary furniture. For this space, we wanted to focus on the essential pieces that allowed the bedroom to be functional and relaxing while allowing the homeowner to still enjoy the stunning Chicago skyline.
How We Helped
We developed a floor plan, selected the furniture pieces, ordered and orchestrated the delivery and installation of the pieces.
- A beautiful upholstered headboard made in a beautiful linen fabric provides a comfortable place to rest your head while reading in bed.
- Textured pillow shams in neutral colors compliment the bold duvet.
- When designing bedrooms with hardwood floors, we love to design the space with large rugs. In this bedroom we specified a large wool rug with a thick pile.
- Most Chicago condos come with builder basic semi-flush light fixtures. One of the first things we do when we run into a space with this type of lighting is to specify a bold replacement. For this bedroom, we installed a large spherical fixture in a polished nickel finish.
- Flanking both sides of the plush king size bed are clean and modern wall sconces which provide specialized lighting for reading or doing a bit of work on your laptop or tablet at night.
- Opposite the bed, a large rustic modern TV cabinet holds the HDTV along with the cable box and other artistic accessories.
- In the corner of the bedroom is an Eames lounge chair with ottoman and accent lighting. It’s the perfect spot to relax and watch the sun rise over Lake Michigan.