We were hired by the homeowners to help them decorate their living room, dining room and foyer of their beautiful Chicago loft located downtown in the Printers Row neighborhood.
How We Helped this Couple
For this interior decorating project, we developed a floor plan, selected the furniture pieces, picked paint, furniture, lighting, artwork and accessories.
- When looking at the shape of the living space, we broke it up into 3 distinct areas: foyer, living room and dining room.
- To break up the living room and dining room from each other, we used large floor rug with bold patterns for the living room.
- A comfortable grey sofa lines the outer wall along the large bank of floor to ceiling windows.
- A bold coffee table covered in shiny aluminum offer storage, a place to rest your magazines and drinks as well as helping to brighten up the large space.
- Mirroring the sofa are a pair of leather Barcelona lounge chairs in black.
- For the dining room, a large rustic table with metal legs was selected to coordinate with the vintage look of the loft.
- Mixing up dining chairs with more traditional upholstered head chairs and more sculpture side chairs in a crisp white create an inviting space to gather with friends and family for dinner.
- Because the kitchen ties in with the rest of the living and dining room, we selected a set of 4 rustic bar stools and updated the original countertop with wood trim to tie it in with the rest of the space.
- Since the entryway is also closely linked to the rest of the living space, an accent table, large floor mirror and floor rug with white and light blue patterns was selected for the space.
- As with any great home, artwork and accessories make the space. This project was no exception. Various vases, throw pillows, artwork and framed family portraits are strategically placed throughout the space to give it that finished look. home.