We were hired by this customer in the Ukrainian Village neighborhood of Chicago to help furnish his living room and dining room. We also assisted with selecting a new kitchen backsplash and refinishing the stairwell to give it a more modern and masculine feel.
The customer loved the rustic modern look and had a few great pieces of art (like the California bear over the fireplace) and a beautiful banjo that provided us with inspiration to design a space that had a rustic modern feel with a bit of funkiness.
- We selected a clean-lined sofa but added a bit of punch to the standard mid-century modern design by selecting a contrasting welt
- We flaked both ends of the sofa with bright swivel chairs to offer comfortable seating while allowing the person sitting in the chair to swivel the chair to face the fireplace, the sofa or the television.
- A bold turquoise rug helps warm up the space while adding a punch of color.
- The coffee table is made from a rustic lumber and a wrought iron base. The light geometric shape of the base offers a large stable coffee table without visually weighing down the space.
- A simple entertainment center provides plenty of storage for the cable box, DVD’s and other various items.
- For the dining room, we selected a rustic modern dining table with metal side chairs and fabric head chairs. The contrasting chairs add character to the space.
- A vintage looking pendant with Edison bulbs help accentuate the fixture.
- To help update the Kitchen (without blowing the customer’s budget), we selected a modern black kitchen tile and installed window film on glass doors of some of the cabinets.
- To update the look of the stairwell, we selected new paint and changed overall look of stairs to create a more modern and masculine look.
- We selected new paint for the entire space.