This couple purchased a beautiful single family home in the Lake View neighborhood of Chicago and needed help decorating the place, specifically their living room, dining room, and family room.
What We Did
We started with a blank slate and selected the furniture (sofa, accent chair, coffee table, dining table, buffet, etc.), window treatments, new fireplace insert and tile, artwork and accessories. We also helped to repurpose some existing pieces like their dining room lighting fixture (which we selected for the client on a previous project).
- Because this was a larger home for this family, new furniture and accessories needed to be selected for the living room and dining room.
- Since the fireplace was the main focal point of the room, we selected a new gas burning firebox and tile surround to help create a crisp and clean fireplace mantle.
- Around the fireplace a large sofa with tufted cushions and nail head detail was added along with a pair of accent chairs. This layout provides plenty of seating for guests while giving options for sitting alone with a cup of coffee and a good book.
- The area rug with the deep blue pattern provides a pop of color to the otherwise neutral color palette in this Chicago living room.
- Near the entryway to the home, we selected a beautiful buffet with rosewood inlays. This piece anchors the large framed print from Roy Lichtenstein.
- Large mirrors on both sides of the buffet with matching chrome ottomans help brighten up the space by reflecting additional light. Since this home faced north (with buildings on each side) bringing in as much natural light as possible is always a priority.
- For family mealtime, the large dining table made out of rosewood provides plenty of seating for all.
- We also selected a new runner for the stairs to replace the dated one left by the previous owners.