After moving into their beautiful single-family home in the University Village neighborhood of Chicago, the family hired us to help design them a basement wet bar that was unique and tasteful.
Single Family Home
University Village, Chicago
The husband loves his technology and wanted to have 2 HDTVs in the basement. We took on that challenge to create something that incorporated this requirement while remaining a tasteful space that wasn’t overrun by technology. We always love a challenge.
- We designed the entire cabinet layout to optimize the space for having guests over while providing all of the high-end amenities like a wine fridge, dishwasher, cutting boards and everything else that is needed to prepare a meal for one’s friends.
- The area was designed to showcase two HDTVs allowing the homeowner to watch different shows on each one.
- The stainless steel wine bar and dishwasher allows the homeowner to utilize the wet bar like it were a kitchen.
- When designing a wet bar, its important to have plenty of storage and a functional cabinet layout. For this project, we have a cutting board, soft close drawers with organizing trays, and plenty of deep cabinets.
- Under-mount sinks were installed in these granite countertops not only because they look great, but because they also make cleanup a breeze.
- Large-format ceramic tile was selected for its modern look as well as its durability.
- A series of 5 adjustable bar stools provide ample space for guests to pull up to the bar.