The couple that lives in this beautiful contemporary home in the Ukrainian Village neighborhood of Chicago initially hired us to stop by for a few hours to pick paint colors and provide assistance with selecting a sofa for their living room. After the appointment, they realized they wanted more of our help with decorating their master bedroom and some other rooms in their home.
How We Helped this Couple
For this interior decorating project, we developed a floor plan, chose paint colors, and selected the furniture, lighting, artwork, and accessories.
- We created a soothing space by selecting furniture with soft fabrics in a neutral color
- A grasscloth wallcovering featuring shades of white, beige, and thin strands of silver grass create a shimmery yet soothing texture for the accent wall.
- An upholstered headboard with flanking wings gives the bed a more intimate feel.
- Organic cotton bedding, pillows, and accessories make for an inviting and comfortable bed.
- Nightstand lights offer dual lighting options; the top or the base can be lit.
- The nightstands and dresser coordinate, but do not match. This is an important trick we use when designing a space. It makes the room feel coordinated but not too match-y.
- By adding contrast piping and stitching to a neutral accent chair, we were able to add a little color to the space without straying from the goal of a neutral palette.
- A thick shag rug made from 100% New Zealand Felted Wool is extremely soft under foot, and ensures that the first step of the day will be warm and inviting.